Tuesday 13 December 2011

5, 4, 3, 2, 1!

Having two children under 3 years of age means that there will alas be no wild new year's eve parties for us to send off 2011.  So, I was thinking... how do I make new year's eve a little extra special this year, well at least for me anyway.  Then the idea hit me... I might treat myself and buy a nice bottle of champagne to toast 2011 off in style.

I've been fortunate to try a few French champagnes in my life time.  It is a love that I wish I could indulge in more often.  Below are my top 5 out of the 7-8 that I have sampled in my 30 something years.
Each one invokes wonderful memories - all great periods of my life.


1. Dom Perignon
2. Bollinger - Special Cuvee
3. Verve Cliquot - Yellow Label Brut
4. Moet & Chandon - Brut Imperial
5 Louis Roederer - Brut Premier

And here are the top 5 on my wish list... Yes, they are all very pricey but I hope one day I'll be able to sample all 5 and add some more wonderful memories to my already blessed life.


1. Krug - Grande Cuvee
2. Perrier-Jouet - Bell Epoque Vintage
3. Louis Roederer - Cristal
4. Mumm - Cuvee R. Lalou
5. Dom Perignon - Champagne Rose

I hope whatever you will be doing, that you all have a happy new year and may 2011 be a special one.

No comments:

Post a Comment